Performance of cluster bean [Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (L.) Taub.] genotypes for growth, yield and quality characters
The present investigation was carried out with 56 cluster bean genotypes during Kharif 2018 using Randomized Block Design with two replications. Significant variations were recorded among the genotypes for growth, yield and quality characters. Thar Bhadavi recorded higher plant height at 30 DAS whereas Chitra Gold and IC-116930 were the tallest at 60 DAS and at final harvest respectively. The genotypes; IC-52249, Thar Bhadavi and the check Pusa Navbahar were the earliest to reach flower initiation whereas IC-116779, IC-116705, IC-522399 and IC-522506 reached 50% flowering earlier. The check Pusa Navbahar recorded the highest yield per plant. Highest protein content of pods was recorded by IC-113281 while high TSS of pods was recorded by IC-116660. Hence, these genotypes can be included in breeding programme for the improvement of respective characters.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.