Analysis of grain quality characters of best F1 indica rice hybrids
Eighty F1 hybrid combinations were developed using eight CMS lines and 10 elite genotypes for the development of rice hybrids with desirable grain qualities. Among the eighty hybrids, 20 top yielding hybrids were identified for the assessment of grain quality characters. Eight hybrids viz., IR 72081 A x MDU 5 R, IR 72081 A x TP 1021 R, IR 75601 A x MDU 5 R, IR 80559 A x MDU 5 R, APMS 6 A x TP 1021 R and IR 72081 A x IR 62037 R, APMS 6 A x IR 62037 R, CRMS 32 A x IR 62037 R and seven parents viz., IR 72081 A, IR 80559 A, APMS 6 A, CRMS 32 A, MDU5 R, IR 62037 R, TP 1021 R possessed hulling percentage, milling percentage, head rice recovery, linear elongation ratio, intermediate gel consistency, alkali spreading value and amylose content with medium slender grain type. These hybrids were found to be higher yield performers and coupled with good grain quality could be exploited commercially for grain yield and quality improvement.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.