Genetic variability analysis of yield and its components in Brassica compestris var. toria
The present study was carried out at the Research Farm of S.G. College of Agriculture and Research Station, Kumhrawand, Jagdalpur (C.G.), Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur (Chhattisgarh) during Rabi 2013-14. Experimental materials comprised 30 F1 from a 6 x 6 diallel crosses was grown in Randomized Complete Block Design with three replications with the objectives to estimate the genetic variability, heritability, genetic advance. Analysis of variance revealed presence of sufficient variability present as per different biometrical analysis except for days to maturity and oil content (%). Relative magnitude of phenotypic co-efficient of variation was higher than the genotypic co-efficient of variation. The high GCV and PCV were observed for only two traits viz. number of branches per plant and harvest index (%). The traits plant height (cm), siliqua length (cm), number of siliquae per plant and seed yield per plant had moderate GCV and PCV. The highest heritability estimates were observed for the traits erucic acid content followed by plant height, branches per plant, seed yield per plant, siliqua length, days to 50% flowering and harvest index (%). Genetic advance as percentage of mean was observed high for the character number of siliquae per plant, followed by seed yield per plant, days to maturity and plant height.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.