Determination of lethal dose and effect of physical mutagen on germination percentage and seedling parameters in kodomillet variety CO 3
An experiment was conducted to estimate the lethal dose of the physical mutagen gamma ray in Kodomillet variety CO 3. Genetically pure seeds were treated with different doses of gamma rays viz., 100 Gy, 200 Gy, 300 Gy, 400 Gy and 500 Gy. Untreated seeds were used as check for comparison. The LD50 values were observed based on growth reduction of seedlings after gamma ray treatment. The LD50 dose for gamma ray under in vitro and in vivo condition was fixed 300 Gy based on probit analysis. As the doses of applied gamma ray increased, there was a decrease in germination, survival rate of seedlings, root length, shoot length, seedling height, vigour index under in vitro conditions and emergence and survival under field (in vivo) conditions in M1 generation as compared to the control.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.