Correlation and path coefficient analysis of yield and yield contributing traits in rice hybrids and their parental lines
Keywords: Hybrid rice, correlation, path analysis
AbstractCorrelation and path coefficient analysis was carried out for yield and yield components in 93 rice genotypes involving hybrids
and their parental lines. Plant height, productivity per day, filled grains per panicle, days to 50 per cent flowering and panicle
weight had a significant positive association with yield and also had a positive direct effect on yield both at the phenotypic and
genotypic levels. These traits contributed maximum to higher grain yield compared to other characters, thus, selection for these
characters helps in selection of superior cross combinations in hybrid rice.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.