Association analysis of native rice (Oryza sativa L.) of Bastar
The present investigation was carried out at S.G. College of Agriculture and Research Station, Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh. The experimental materials used were 94 local landraces of rice and three popular standard checks. The experiment was conducted during kharif 2016 in RBD. Observations were recorded for 16 qualitative and 20 qualitative characters and analysis of variance for characters showed differences for various characters. Correlation analysis revealed positive and highly significant correlation of total number of filled grains per panicle, total number of grains per panicle, plant height and number of effective tiller per plant, harvest index, test weight, flag leaf length and days to maturity had positive highly significant correlation with grain yield per plant. According to the direct effects on grain yield, the order of yield components was direct selection for characters viz. flag leaf length, days to maturity, plant height, number of effective tillers per plant, harvest index, and total number of grains per panicle will be very effective for increasing grain yield.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.