Identification of parents and hybrids for yield and its components using line x tester analysis in rice (Oryza sativa L.)
Combining ability analysis for yield and its component traits was carried out in rice through line x tester analysis of 20 hybrids developed by crossing 5 females with 4 male lines along with parents and checks at Agricultural Rice Research Station, Nellore, ANGRAU, AP during kharif 2014. The estimates of gca effects indicated that, among females, BPT 5204 and among males IR 64, were good general combiners for grain yield per plant. High sca effects were observed in the crosses, WGL 48684 x IR 36 and RNR 2465 x IR 36 and they were found to be best combinations for grain yield per plant.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.