Groundnut TMV 14 – A new high yielding Spanish bunch groundnut variety
Groundnut TMV 14 is high yielding Spanish bunch genotype. It is the cross derivative of VRI 6 x R 2001-(2) through pedigree method of breeding Groundnut TMV 14 (2124 kg/ha) has given higher pod yield over the check varieties; 11.5 % increase over VRI (Gn) 6 (1904kg/ha); 15.2 % over check variety TMV Gn 13 (1844 kg/ha) during Kharif season. Groundnut TMV 14 (2286 kg/ha) has given higher pod yield over the check varieties; 29.7 % increase over VRI(Gn)6 (1762kg/ha); 32.3 % over check variety TMV Gn 13 (1727kg/ha) during rabi season under irrigated condition.For oil yield during Kharif season (720 kg/ha), variety TMV 14 gave 14.6%(720kg/ha)increase over VRI(Gn)6 (628kg/ha); 10.7 % over TMV Gn 13 (650 kg/ha) during Kharif season. Similarly for oil yield during rabi season under irrigated condition(775 kg/ha), variety TMV 14 gave 33.3% increase over VRI(Gn)6 (581 kg/ha); 27.2 % over TMV Gn 13 (609 kg/ha).For dry haulm yield (3640 kg/ha), variety TMV 14 gave 12.3% increase over VRI(Gn)6 (3240kg/ha); 22.6 % over TMV Gn 13 (2970 kg/ha) during Kharif season. For dry haulm yield (3758 kg/ha) the variety TMV 14 gave 13.02% increase over VRI(Gn)6 (3326kg/ha); 4.03 % over TMV Gn 13 (3604 kg/ha) during rabi under irrigated condition. Shelling turnover of TMV 14 (70.6%) comparable with VRI(Gn)6 (68%). Sound Mature Kernels are more in TMV 14 (93.9%) compared to VRI(Gn)6 (92%). 100 kernel weight are more in TMV 14 (38g) compared to VRI(Gn)6 (35.0) and TMV Gn 13( 34.6).The variety TMV 14 matures early in 95-100days.For Late leaf spot and rust diseases, variety TMV 14 has shown moderated resistance incidence compared to check varieties.TMV 14 has shown tolerance against Spodoptera litura, thrips and Heliathis armigera and leaf miner.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.