ADT 53- Short duration high yielding fine grain rice variety for Kuruvai /Kodai seasons of Tamil Nadu
The rice variety ADT 53 (AD07073) is a short duration culture (110-115 days) which was released during 2019 by TNAU for Kuruvai/ Kodai/ Navarai season of Tamil Nadu. This variety was evolved through pedigree breeding from the cross ADT 43 / JGL 384. It has non-lodging compact plant type with well exerted compact panicle. The variety recorded an average grain yield of 6334 kg/ha in 242 trials which are 9.4 per cent higher than ADT 43 (5788 kg/ha in 112days) and 14.0 per cent over CO 51 (5562 kg/ha in 112 days). The culture had shown a resistance reaction to leaf folder and moderately resistant to brown spot, blast diseases and rot under field condition. The variety ADT 53 possesses a medium slender grain with a 1000 grain weight of 14.8 grams. It has 65 per cent milling outturn and good cooking quality parameters like a soft gel consistency, moderate amylose and gelatinization temperature.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.