A new high yielding, charcoal rot and yellow mosaic virus disease resistant soybean variety AMS-1001 (PDKV Yellow Gold)
Soybean variety AMS-1001 is an induced mutant of JS-93-05. In multilocation trials AMS-1001 has recorded yield
increase over state check MAUS-71 by 24.17% and national check JS-335 by 20.58%. In state multilocation trials AMS1001 has recorded 36.01%, 30.58% and 33.82% increase yield over JS-335, JS-97-52 and MAUS-71, espectively.
AMS-1001 has also given 23.90% higher seed yield over check variety JS-335, in adaptive trials on farmer’s field.
This culture has shown highly resistant reaction to charcoal-rot and YMV diseases. It has medium maturity duration, determinate growth habit, purple flower, glabrous pods/stem with pointed ovate dark green leaves. AMS-1001 differentiated from other soybean varieties using molecular markers and primer Glysatt-180 was found specific to the sample AMS-1001 and can be used for its identification. Considering its yield superiority and resistance diseases the SVRC has released this culture as AMS-1001 (PDKV Yellow Gold) for Maharashtra state. The national identity of this variety is IC 626343.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.