Genetic variability and association analysis in F3 progenies of IC 436656 x KKB14045 in black gram (Vigna mungo L. Hepper) for agro-morphological traits
The present experiment was undertaken on 140 F3 progenies developed from the cross IC 436656 x KKB14045 in black gram (Vigna mungo L. Hepper) for genetic variability and association analysis. There is a lesser extent of variance between the PCV and GCV for all nine quantitative traits which represents the minor effect of the environment. Plant height, Days to 50% flowering, no. of primary branches/plant, no. of clusters/ plant, no. of pods/plant, 100 seed weight and yield were having high heritability and high genetic advance hinting additive gene action. No. of primary branches/plant, no. of clusters/plant and no. of pods/plant having a significantly high positive correlation with single plant yield. From path analysis, no. of pods/plant having a high direct effect on yield. Therefore, the selection of these characters is important for developing high yielding varieties.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.