Assessment of stability performance and G X E interaction for yield and its attributing characters in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
The present study was undertaken to identify the stable genotypes for grain yield and yields related components with desirable performance under different environmental conditions taking forty wheat genotypes and were evaluated for two years (2017-19) with different dates of sowing. Pooled analysis of variance showed highly significant variations for genotypes, environments and genotypes x environments (G X E). Stability analysis for grain yield revealed that the genotypes LOK-1, NI-5439 and HUW-468 has a high mean value and non-significant regression coefficient (bi) and non-significant deviation from regression and found more stable across the four environments. Therefore the above mentioned genotypes were found most stable for grain yield and can be incorporated as breeding stocks in any future breeding programs aiming to produce high yielding lines of bread wheat.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.