Stability analysis in castor (Ricinus communis (L.)
The present investigation on G x E interactions and stability parameters in castor for seed yield per plant and ten other traits using L x T analysis involving nine parents, their resultant twenty crosses and two standard checks. Analysis of variance for stability revealed significant values for mean squares among the genotypes and environments (linear) for almost all the characters except seed volume per weight and oil content for environment indicated the variable nature of various entries and environments. The G x E interaction was significant for most of the characters when tested against both pooled error and pooled deviation, which indicated that different genotypes reacted differently to different environmental conditions. The top four hybrids viz., Geeta x NAUCI 8, Geeta x NAUCI 9, NAUCP-1 x NAUCI 9 and SKP 72 x NAUCI 9 were the most promising and stable over environments for seed yield per plant.
Key words: Stability, G x E, Castor, Pooled deviation and Pooled error
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.