Parent Progeny regression analysis in F2 and F3 generations of rice
Keywords: Rice, parent-progeny correlation, regression analysis, selection.
AbstractParent progeny regression analysis involving F2 and F3 generation of two crosses in rice was undertaken to estimate the genetic
potential transferred from one generation to other by adopting three levels of selection for single plant yield. Significant positive
correlation and regression was observed in both crosses at positive level of selection (mean +1SD) between F3 mean and the
corresponding F2 values, indicating that selection of single plant yield at these levels would be effective in both crosses. It
indicates the chances of selecting high yielding genotypes at early generations.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.