Evaluation of rice genotypes for utilization in rice improvement programme in northern region of Bihar
Selection of germplasm /genotypes based on visual observation for different polygenic traits is less rewarding. In this context, selection of superior rice genotypes by assigning ranks to each genotype for various quantitative traits followed by rank correlation was estimated and it was observed that two multiple regression equation involving eight and four quantitative traits exhibited similar efficiency, indicated that four characters viz. panicle length, number of primary branches, L/B ratio and 1000 grain weight were the best characters for formulating selection criteria. Top ten genotypes identified on the basis of selection score were TCA-88-1, TCA88-3, TCA88-2, TCA88-81-1, TCA88-57-3, TCA88-10-1, TCA88-13-2, TCA88-79-2, TCA88-22 and TCA88-44-1. These genotypes found to be suitable for grain yield and components traits may be selected for further evaluation and utilization in rice improvement programme of north Bihar condition.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.