Genetic appraisal of F2 generation of Dolichos bean for yield and yield attributing traits
In the present study F2 generation was evaluated for yield and yield contributing traits to understand genetic variability and association among yield contributing traits in dolichos bean. High phenotypic and genotypic coefficient of variability (PCV and GCV) was observed for first flowering initiation and total seed weight per plant in both the crosses. The differences between PCV and GCV values were narrow for all the traits studied, which indicates the low level of environmental influence in the expression of these traits. High heritability and GAM was noticed for all the traits studied in both the crosses indicating that influence of additive gene effects in expression of these characters. Skewness and kurtosis indicate that seed weight per plant (SW/P) was governed by complementary gene interaction with fewer numbers of dominant genes. Hence, SW/P could be increased either by increasing 100SW or seeds per pod among the crosses studied.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.