Genetic variability for yield and yield attributing traits in F4 generation of Lablab bean (Lablab purpureus L. Sweet)
Ninety one progenies from F4 generation along with one check of Lablab bean were evaluated to study the genetic variability for yield and yield attributing traits. The highest and lowest coefficient of variation was observed for hundred seed weight and days to maturity respectively. Little or close deviation was noticed in between PCV and GCV in the expression of various traits viz; days to maturity, days to 50 per cent flowering and number of seeds per plant. A wide range of variation exhibited for yield and yield attributing traits among the progenies under study. In general PCV was higher in magnitude than GCV. The traits viz; hundred seed weight, number of pods per plant, seed yield per plant, plant height and number of peduncles per plant recorded high magnitude of GCV and PCV along with high to moderate estimates of heritability. The high estimates of heritability coupled with high genetic advance as per cent of mean was noticed for hundred seed weight and plant height which indicate additive gene action and more reliable for effective selection in improvement of lablab bean.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.