Studies on combining ability studies in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.)
Keywords: Combining ability, heterosis, sesame
AbstractCombining ability analysis in sesame through L x T design with 9 lines and five testers were evaluated for yield and yield
contributing characters viz., days to maturity, plant height, number of branches per plant, number of capsules per plant,
capsule length, number of seeds per capsule, 1000 seed weight, oil content and seed yield per plant. Non additive gene action
was predominant for all the traits studied. Combining ability analysis revealed that the following three parents viz., RT 125,
VS 9701 and CO 1 were the best combiners for five traits including seed yield per plant. Considering both per se
performance and gca effects the parents VS 9701, Ajit 131 and SVPR 1 were found to be best. Better segregants can be
obtained from the hybrid combinations RT 125 x CO 1, VS 9701 x CO 1 and Uma x CO 1 for seed yield and yield
How to Cite
K.Bharathi Kumar and P. Vivekanandan
Studies on combining ability studies in sesame Sesamum indicum L.. 1. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 1 1, 33-36. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/1839
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.