Combining ability analysis for yield in hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.)
AbstractEighty four hybrids developed from crossing three CMS lines with 28 restores were studied alongwith parents for 13 yield and yield attributing characters. Among the male parental lines, PD-19, NAUR-1 and IET-18654 appeared to be best general combiner for grain yield and most of the component characters. The female line IR-58025B was found to be good general combiner for all the traits and average general combiner for plant height and harvest index whereas poor general combiner for 1000-grain weight. The most promising specific combinations were IR-58025A x NAUR-1, IR-68888A x NAUR-1 and IR-58025A x IET-18654 for grain yield plant-1.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.