Combining ability of new parental lines for flowering, maturity and grain yield in Rabi Sorghum
Keywords: Rabi sorghum, combining ability, heterosis.
AbstractCombining ability studies involving five females and four males revealed the presence of significant differences due to lines, testers and line × testers, indicating the presence of variability. The estimates of variance components exhibited presence of additive gene action for days to flowering, maturity and grain yield studied. Considering the general combining ability effects of parents for days to flowering, maturity and grain yield, female SL-9B and males SLR-57 and SLR-30 were good general combiners for grain yield and the female SL-39B and male SLR-66 were good general combiners for earliness. The crosses 104B × SLR-30, SL-9B × SLR-57, SL-9B × SLR-30 and 104B × SLR-57 were identified promising for improving grain yield while crosses SL-19B x SLR-66, SL-9B x SLR-66 and SL-39B x SLR-57 have been selected for breeding forearliness.
How to Cite
Prabhakar, M. Elangovan And D. M. Bahadure
Combining ability of new parental lines for flowering, maturity and grain yield in Rabi Sorghum. 2013. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 4 3, 1214-1218. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/342
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.