Genetic variability among B & R lines on milo and maldandi cytoplasm across the years in rabi sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench]
The genetic study was conducted among 68 genotypes comprising restorers and maintainers on milo and maldandi cytoplasm. Among the lines, IS 12735, DSMR-8, IS 33353 and IS 24175 exhibited full restoration on milo and DSMR-4 and DSMR-8 on maldandi. The lines viz., IS 30383, IS 29335, IS 29914, IS 8012 and IS 12308 exhibited perfect maintainer reaction on both milo & maldandi. High heritability and genetic advance were observed for most of the traits. G x E interaction was also found to be high for the majority of the traits. A high amount of genetic variability among the population indicated an increased opportunity for the selection of restorers, maintainers as the variation is heritable.
Keywords: Milo, Maldandi, Rabi, Heritability, Genetic advance, Pooled analysis.
Genetic variability among B andamp; R lines on milo and maldandi cytoplasm across the years in rabi sorghum [Sorghum bicolor L. Moench]. 2022. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 13 3, 1132-1136. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/3931
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.