Biplot analysis of non parametric measures of stability for long term evaluation of fababean genotypes
Non parametric measures of stability were compared based on ranks of faba bean genotypes evaluated for the period of long term in the country. High yielding genotypes were HB13-48, HB13-10 and HB13-46 also selected by the Geometric Adaptability Index (GAI) along with larger values of Harmonic means (Har). Measure Si1 selected HB13-11, Vikrant and HB13-48 as opposed to HB13-15, HB13-6 and HB13-9 by Si2 values. Vikrant, HB13-9 and HB13-6 genotypes considered by Si3 and Si4 measure selected HB13-15, Vikrant and HB13-9 faba bean genotypes. The next two Si5andSi6 pointed towards HB13-15, Vikrant and HB13-49 genotypes, while Si7pointed for HB13-15, Vikrant and HB13-9 genotypes. Measure based on ranks as per corrected yield of genotypes CSi1 selected HB13-15, HB13-9 and HB13-38, while CSi2 found HB13-15, HB13-9 and HB13-6 as suitable candidates, while values of CSi3 settled for HB13-15 HB13-9 and HB13-6 genotypes. Measure CSi4 identified HB13-15, HB13-9, HB13-6 and CSi5 pointed towardsHB13-15, HB13-38 and HB13-43, while CSi6 observed suitability of HB13-15, HB13-9 and HB13-26 and lastly CSi7 values identified HB13-15, HB13-9 and HB13-38 genotypes. Composite measures consider the ranks of genotypes as per yield and corrected yield simultaneously, values of NPi(1) measure the observed suitability of HB13-11, HB13-38 and HB13-43.Whereas, as per NPi(2) valuesHB13-15, HB13-9 and HB13-18 would be genotypes of choice, while NPi(3) identifiedHB13-15, HB13-9 and HB13-6. NPi (4) found HB13-9, HB13-6 and Vikrant as suitable genotypes, while values of Z1 favoured HB13-16, HB13-2 and Vikrant and Z2 settled for HB13-2, Vikrant, HB13-18. Biplot graphical analysis observed NPi(1) had maintained a close relationship with CSi3, CSi6, CCVR, CSDR, CSi5, CSi2. SDR showed a strong association with Si5, Si2, Si1, NP(2), NPi(3) , NPi (4) , CVR, Si3, Si6 and AvgR measures. Spearman rank correlation showed a highly significant positive correlation with GAI, Har, Si3, Si6, Coefficient of variation based on ranks (CVR), Median value based on ranks of genotypes (MedR), Average of ranks (AvgR) measures and significant positive correlation with NPi(2), NPi(3) and NPi,(4) while very weak relationships expressed with Geometric Adaptability Index based on corrected yield values (CGAI), Harmonic mean as per corrected yield values (Char), CSdr, Z1, Z2, CSi1,CSi2,CSi3,CSi4,CSi5,CSi6,CSi7, NPi(1),CSdr measures. Highly significant positive correlation expressed by GAI with Har, MedR AvgR and CAvgR only and weak with Si3, Si6, more over weak negative correlations with remaining measures. Nonparametric measures would be quite useful to the breeders to put forward stable high yielder genotypes in changing climatic fluctuations.
Keywords: Faba bean, Rank based measures, Si(s), CSi(s), NPi(s), Biplot analysis
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.