Dapoli 3: A high yielding variety of finger millet
A high yielding mid-late duration culture DPLN 2 was developed at the Department of Agriculture Botany, College of Agriculture, Dapoli and released as Dapoli 3 during 2020 at the state level and notified by the ministry of Agriculture and farmer welfare, Department of Agriculture and farmer welfare with notification number CG-DL-E-04012022-232406 extraordinary part-II-section 3-subsection (ii) dated 24th Dec. 2021. Dapoli 3 has developed through pure line selection from local germplasm. Out of twenty one culture, the culture DPLN 2 was found promising in respect of yield over check Dapoli 1, Dapoli 2 and PR 202 in station, multilocation and adaptive research trials. It yields an average of 2405 kg/ha of grain under rainfed conditions. Besides high yield culture has semi compact earhead, uniform maturity, non-lodging, continuous spikelets, non-shattering with moderate protein (7.52 %) and calcium (264 ppm) content. The weight of earhead of culture is 8.9 g as compared to 7.2 g of Dapoli 1. The culture recorded a grain yield of 2405 kg/ha which was 26.64 per cent increase over the check Dapoli 1 (1899 kg/ha) in station trails. It recorded a grain yield of 2014 kg/ha which was 13.78 per cent increase over the check Dapoli 1 (1770 kg/ ha) in multilocation trials conducted during Kharif 2016 and 2017 at 13 locations whereas the mean grain yield recorded by culture DPLN 2 (was 1518 kg/ha) which was 12.19 per cent increase over check Dapoli 1(1353 kg/ha) in adaptive research trial conducted in Konkan and Goa region during Kharif 2019. It has given the mean yield of 3228 kg/ha which was 5.76 per cent increase over the national check GPU 45 (3052 kg/ha) and 12.98 per cent increase over the VL 376 (2857 kg/ha) in all India co-ordinated trails tested during kharif, 2019.
Keywords: Finger millet, yield, Semi compact, new variety
Dapoli 3: A high yielding variety of finger millet. 2022. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 13 3, 882-887. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/4216
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.