GGE biplot analysis in finger millet [Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.] genotypes across agro-climatic zones of Andhra Pradesh
The main focus of the study is to identify promising finger millet genotypes with yield stability and adaptability for wide range of environments as well as to identify ideal mega-environments using genotype plus genotype and environment interaction (GGE) biplot method. Grain yield of finger millet genotypes were remarkably influenced by environment (E), genotypes (G) and their interaction (G x E). The genotype and environment interaction was significant though comparatively less than location and genotype effects. The study has spotted the best varieties suitable for cultivation across five zones of finger millet growing areas of Andhra Pradesh. The cultivar PPR-1152 is recognized as the perfect genotype as it showed higher grain yield and stability compared with other cultivars in all places. Among locations Vizianagaram was the best discriminative and better representative location than other locations and perfect testing site for choosing finger millet cultivars effectively for adaptation in Andhra Pradesh.
Keywords: Finger millet, GGE biplot analysis, Multi-location testing, Yield stability
GGE biplot analysis in finger millet [Eleusine coracana L. Gaertn.] andnbsp;genotypes across agro-climatic zones of Andhra Pradesh. 2023. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 13 4, 1319-1325. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/4458
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.