Stability and G×E interaction study in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) for diverse environments
The present research was carried out to estimate the G×E interaction and stability of four CMS lines, nine testers and 39 hybrids over three locations viz., Oilseed Research Unit, Dr. PDKV, Akola, Regional Research Centre, Amravati, and Agriculture Research Station, Yavatmal during the kharif-2019 season in randomized block design with three replication using Eberhart and Russell's model. Pooled analysis of variance due to genotype and environments showed highly significant for all the traits revealing the existence of variability among genotypes and environments. G×E interaction was significant for all the traits except 100 seed weight indicating the differential response of genotype to different environments. Environmental indices revealed that Akola was the most favourable location for the expression of sunflower crop. The three hybrids viz., PDKVSH - 952, LSFH - 171 and AKSF -10-1-1A × Gp6961 were found to be stable for seed yield while four hybrids i.e., CMS - 302 A×AK- 1R, DRSH - 1, CMS - 302 A×Gp6961 and CMS - 302 A×PKV - 103R were found suitable for favourable environments. The current work may be helpful for determining stable genotypes in sunflower for diferent locations.
Keywords: Sunflower, Stability, Eberhart and Russell and G × E interaction
Stability and G×E interaction study in sunflower Helianthus annuus L. for diverse environments. 2023. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 14 2, 601-607. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/4753
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.