Association and path analysis for seed yield and component characters in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)
Keywords: Sunflower, correlation, path analysis
AbstractGenotypic and phenotypic correlation among seed yield and eleven component characters were studied in 11 genotypes of
sunflower. Association analysis of parents revealed that number of seeds/head, 100-seed weight, head diameter and per cent seed
filling had high significant positive correlation with seed yield. Number of seeds/head, 100 seed weight, head diameter and per
cent seed filling also had significant positive intercorrelation among themselves. Number of seeds/head, per cent seed filling, hull
content and plant height influence the seed yield directly whereas 100-seed weight influenced indirectly through no.of seeds/head
and per cent seed filling. Very high indirect contribution for most of the traits is through number of seeds/head. Hence, this trait
should be given priority in sunflower seed yield improvement programme.
How to Cite
Neelima .S., K.G.Parameshwarappa and Y.Praveen Kumar
Association and path analysis for seed yield and component characters in sunflower Helianthus annuus L.. 2012. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 3 2, 716-721. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/478
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.