Correlation study for oil yield in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)
Keywords: Sunflower, correlation, selection indices.
AbstractSeventy nine inbred lines of sunflower were selected for the character association study to assess the relationship among oil yield
and its components. Observations were recorded on eight traits viz., days to 50% flowering, plant height (cm), head diameter
(cm), 100-seed weight (g), volume weight per 100 ml (g), oil content (%), seed yield per plant (g) and oil yield per plant (g).
Character association analysis revealed positive and significant association of oil yield per plant with seed yield per plant, plant
height, head diameter, volume weight, 100-seed weight and oil content. Hence simultaneous selection of these characters would
contribute for the improvement of oil yield per plant.
How to Cite
Gopal Dan, N. Manivannan and P. Vindhiyavarman
Correlation study for oil yield in sunflower Helianthus annuus L.. 2012. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 3 1, 657-659. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/524
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.