Heterosis studies in brown sarson (Brassica rapa L.)
AbstractHeterosis was estimated over mid and better parent, respectively among 45 F1 hybrids for seed yield and related traits.. The most
desirable cross combination viz., CR-1485 x CR-1607 for seed yield plant-1 also showed desirable mid and better parent heterosis
for 1000-seed weight and primary branches plant-1. The cross combinations CR-1485 x CR-1607 (primary branches plant-1), CR-
1630 x KS-101 (secondary branches plant-1), CR-2638 x KOS-1 (number of siliquae on main raceme), CR-1630 x CR-2871
(number of siliquae plant-1), CR-1607 x KOS-1 (days to maturity) and KOS-1 x KS-101 (oil content) showed highest mid and
better parent heterosis. These cross combinations also revealed high per se performance.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.