Genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance for yield and yield components in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.).
Keywords: Sunflower, variability, coefficient of variations, heritability, Genetic advance.
AbstractTen genotypes of sunflower were evaluated in the field following a randomized complete block design with three replications for
plant height, stem diameter at base, inter nodal length, head diameter, number of whorls per head, achene weight per head, 100
achene weight, achene oil and protein contents. Highly significant differences were observed for all the characters in all
genotypes. Characters like plant height, oil contents, protein contents and achene weight per head showed high heritability with
moderate genetic advance.
How to Cite
S.M. Fida Hassan, Muhammad Shahid Iqbal , Ghulam Rabbani, Naeem-ud-Din and Ghulam Shabbir
Genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance for yield and yield components in sunflower Helianthus annuus L.. 2012. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 3 1, 707-710. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/535
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.