Characterization and evaluation of north Indian clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (L.) Taub) germplasm collection
Keywords: Commonbean, variability, yield
AbstractThirty genotypes of clusterbean were evaluated for horticultural traits to study the extent of variation in different agromorphological characters. Coefficient of variation was high for number of branches per plant, pod yield per plant, single poded clusters per plant, plant height and number of pods per plant. Considerable morphological variability among north Indian clusterbean landraces was identified which could be used as basis for genetic improvement programme. PCB-23, BR-112 and RGC-936 on account of better performance have been recommended for use in clusterbean improvement programme. Various economic characters needed to develop clusterbean ideotype have been discussed.
How to Cite
Deepak Arora, N.P.S. Dhillon and A.S.Sidhu
Characterization and evaluation of north Indian clusterbean Cyamopsis tetragonoloba L. Taub germplasm collection. 2011. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 2 3, 417-421. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/974
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.