A study on correlation and path analysis for seed yield and yield components in sunflower [Helianthus annuus (L.)]
Keywords: Correlation, Path analysis, sunflower
AbstractCorrelation and path coefficient analysis in Forty genotypes of sunflower [Helianthus annuus (L.)]. Association analysis between seed yield per plant and other fourteen characters revealed that seed yield per plant showed highly significant and positive correlation with head diameter, number of seeds per capitula, number of filled seeds per capitula and 100 seed weight at both genotypic and phenotypic levels. These seed yield per plant also possessed positive association with days to maturity, stem diameter, number of leaves per plant, leaf area at flowering, plant height, oil content and vacant inner diameter. The characters days to 50 per cent flowering, days to initiation of flower and number of unfilled seeds per capitula exhibited negative correlation with seed yield per plant. Path analysis indicated that days to 50 per cent flowering had highest positive direct effect on seed yield per plant followed by number of leaves per plant. The character days to initiation of flower exhibited high negative direct effects, while leaf area at flowering, number of seeds per capitula, plant height, vacant inner diameter showed negative but low direct effects.
How to Cite
Patel P.B., Pandya .M.M, Narwade A.V
A study on correlation and path analysis for seed yield and yield components in sunflower [Helianthus annuus L.]. 2016. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, 7 1, 177-183. Retrieved from https://ejplantbreeding.org/index.php/EJPB/article/view/748
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.